How To Cook Beet On A Gas Grill
Wondering how to make your little one enjoy the earthy sweetness of beets, try serving him some grilled beet. The heat of the grill imparts a smoky flavor and coats the beet with a candied layer that takes the decadent sweetness of this nutritious root veggie to a totally another level. Gas grills offer a mess proof and easy option to prepare grilled beets anytime, anywhere. Read on to learn how to cook beet on a gas grill and include it in the grilled vegetable platter.
Steps to Cook Beet on the Gas Grill
- Preheat the grill to medium-high temperature.
- Peel the beet and slice it into rings of about 1 inch thickness.
- Season sliced beet with salt, pepper and brush both sides with olive or vegetable oil.
- Place the beet slices on the grill and let grill covered for about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Beets are grilled and ready when beets become tender and are marked by the grill.
- Serve warm, grilled beets drizzled with olive oil, or toasted walnut oil.
Watch the video for more information:
Tips to Cook Beet on a Gas Grill
- Beet can be grilled after blanching it too. This facilitates even grilling and even locks in optimum flavor.
- Blanched beet takes less time to be grilled.
- Marinate beets for half hour for more pronounced flavors after grilling.
- Beets can be grilled in vegetable grids or grill basket.
Cook beet on a gas grill just like any other vegetable or fruit. Try grilled beet recipes on guests and surprise them.
Video credit: youtube.com/