How To Cook Poultry On A Gas Grill
Grilling poultry can be quite tricky, especially since it tends to fall apart if the heat and time is not monitored. However, using a gas grill can make cooking poultry one of the easiest and quickest methods for preparing a tasty dish. Poultry can be grilled whole or cut into pieces. Let us see how to cook poultry on a gas grill.
Steps to Cook Poultry Whole
- Remove giblets and rinse the bird well.
- Pat dry and season inside and outside with salt, pepper, basil, sage, rosemary, thyme etc.
- Preheat grill to high temperature.
- Turn off one of the burners.
- Clean the grill racks and spray it with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the bird on the racks.
- Cook covered for about 30 minutes.
- Turn the bird over and cook for another 30 minutes.
- The bird is done and ready when the meat juices run clear on being cut.
- Let poultry cool down prior to serving.
Instructions to Cook Poultry Cut into Pieces
- Rinse the meat pieces well in cold water. Pat dry.
- Season the pieces with salt and pepper and brush them with olive oil.
- Preheat gas grill to medium temperature.
- Place poultry pieces on the grill and cook for about 30 minutes, uncovered.
- Check if the pieces are cooked by cutting the pieces.
Tips to Cook Poultry on a Gas Grill
- Grilled food can be made versatile by using different marinades and seasonings.
- Marinate poultry for about one hour prior to grilling.
- Make sure meat temperature is about 170 degrees F prior to eating it. This temperature ensures that the bird has been cooked thoroughly.
Cook poultry on a gas grill and enjoy the flavors!