How To Cook Vegetable On A Gas Grill
Vegetables can be grilled just like meat and fish and served along with other grilled dishes.However, there are certain precautions that would have to be taken while cooking vegetables on a gas grill outdoors since vegetables tend to fall through the grilling racks. Grill pan and skewers would be handy while grilling vegetables. Let us see how to do it right.
Steps to Cook Vegetable by Grilling
- Wash the vegetables well and cut them into sizes and shapes most convenient to grill them. Cut vegetables into bite-size cubes if planning to string them through the skewers or leave them in larger pieces while using the grill pan.
- Preheat the grill to medium temperature.
- To add some variety to the dish, season the veggies with desired spices. The vegetables can be soaked in a marinade like balsamic vinegar for an hour or so for varied taste.
- String vegetables onto the skewer until they are full. If using grill pan, spray the pan with non-stick spray and just spread the vegetables in it.
- Place the skewers and the grill pan on the grill.
- Turn the skewers intermittently as well as keep turning the vegetables in the grill pan.
- Let grill for about 4 to 12 minutes.
- Vegetables are done and ready when they begin to brown.
- Serve grilled vegetables with grilled chicken or salmon.
Watch the video for more information:
Tips to Cook Vegetable on a Gas Grill
- Vegetables can be marinated with olive oil, lemon, garlic, and fresh herbs.
- Serve grilled vegetables with flavored butters like herb butter, chili butter etc.
- Do not leave grill unattended since most of the vegetables would get grilled quickly.
Vegetables like eggplant, tomatoes, peppers, corn on the cob, mushrooms, squash etc are ideal vegetables to cook on a gas grill. Cook vegetables on the grill and serve as a centerpiece of a vegetarian table.
Video credit: youtube.com/