How To Cook Lamb On A Gas Grill
Lamb steaks are relatively small and hence ideal for grilling. Lamb steaks are cut from the center of the leg, just above the hind shank of a lamb leg. They are particularly high in proteins and if taken from a young animal, the steaks taste delicious on being grilled. Let us see how to grill lamb at home…
Instructions to Cook Lamb Steaks At Home
- Wash lamb steaks with cold water and pat dry.
- Let lamb steaks thaw to room temperature.
- Place them on the cutting board and season them with salt, pepper, garlic powder. Then coat them with flour.
- In a shallow frying pan, heat some olive oil.
- Place the steaks in the pan. The steaks would sear the surface of steaks and brown them.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- Place the steaks on the grill racks and make sure the steaks are placed well apart.
- Grill steaks up to 4 minutes each side for medium rare, 5 minutes for medium, and 6 minutes for well done.
- Remove the steaks from grill and let cool for about 10 minutes.
- Serve warm with dipping sauces, gravies, chips, and beer.
Watch how to cook lamb steaks:
Tips To Cook Lamb
All meats, including lamb, gives out a protein by products called as purge and this has to be removed from lamb and washed well prior to grilling it. This would prevent unpleasant odor when lamb is being grilled.
Make sure that lamb steaks cool to room temperature prior to grilling since cooking food product high in protein from room temperature facilitates even distribution of heat while cooking the meat.
- Turn lamb only once during the searing process and once more during grilling.
Follow these steps to cook lamb at home easily and treat your family and friends to delicious lamb steaks.
Video credit: youtube.com/