How To Cook Beef On A Gas Grill
Using a gas grill is one of the easiest way to cook beef especially steak. A little bit of care and the right procedure would give results that would be appreciated by friends and family. In case you have never ventured beyond the traditional grills and have no idea about how to use a gas grill for evenly cooking perfect beef steaks, then read on for some timely tips...
Steps to Cook Beef Steaks Perfectly on a Gas Grill
- Thaw the steaks to room temperature.
- While the steaks are being thawed, preheat the gas grill on high heat for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Prepare the steaks. To begin with, wash with cold water and pat them dry using kitchen towels. Brush the surface with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Clean the grates and grease them. Place the steaks on the grates and put them inside the grill.
- Place the steaks away from direct flame, since the drippings can cause the flame to burn the steak.
- Grill for about 2 to 3 minutes and then turn the beef a little bit and cook again for another 2 to 3 minutes. Flip and repeat on both sides of the steak.
- There is no need to stab it or fork the steaks since this would lead to loss of moisture from the meat. The natural juices of the meat would be preserved and meat would be tender and juicy when cooked without any kind of inflicted abrasions.
- Press the meat to check whether the steaks are done. Soft meat indicates rare steak while the well-done ones would be firmer.
- Let grilled beef cool for 5 to 10 minutes prior to serving.
Tips to Cook Beef on Gas Grill
- Keep all ingredients, utensils, meat, seasonings etc ready while beginning to grill beef. This would save lot of time and there would not be any need to leave the grill unattended.
- Make sure that meat has reached room temperature prior to grilling since steaks cook better if internal temperature of beef would be even.
- Use tongs to turn over steak to cook both sides.
- Do not keep turning the meat over, since opening the grill door would cool down the grill and this would increase time required for cooking beef.
- Check tubes and tanks of grill for wear and tear prior to beginning the cooking process.
Cook beefsteak perfectly on gas grill. Call friends over, have a wonderful grilling experience, and treat your loved ones to exquisitely prepared juicy steaks.
Image credit: markruinsdinner.wordpress.com
Video credit: youtube.com