How To Cook Turkey On A Gas Grill
Cooking turkey on a gas grill imparts a smoky flavor to the meat so how about grilling the turkey this Thanksgiving. The only thing to remember while planning to gas grill a turkey is to buy a bird that fits the grill rack and can comfortably fit inside chamber. Let us examine the steps to cook turkey perfectly.
Steps To Cook Turkey
- Get the turkey ready. Stuff it and keep it on the grill rack. Make sure that the rack is oiled prior to placing bird on rack.
- Light burners on either side of turkey and not directly beneath it. Indirect heat facilitates even cooking of meat.
- Keep a tray filled with soaked wood chips, in a rack above the one with burning burners. When the heat would dry out the wood chips, the meat would be imparted a smoky flavor.
- Keep the lid partially open and cover the exposed area with aluminum foil.
- Rotate the turkey once every hour.
- Once the internal temperature is around 165 degrees F, turkey would be cooked.
- Remove turkey from grill and let cool for about 15 minutes prior to serving.
Tips To Cook Turkey on Gas Grill
- Check whether there is ample amount of fuel since this can prevent the fuel running out during cooking.
- Keep an eye out for the turkey skin turning brown. This is indicative of high heat and lower heat if this happens.
Baking a turkey is easier than grilling it but the extra effort is worth it!
Video credit: youtube.com/