How To Cook Whole Salmon
Since, Salmon is an oily fish, it is best to cook it whole rather than cut it into steaks or fillets. Moreover, cooking it whole helps distribute the different flavors of the fish juices. Follow the simple steps to cook whole salmon perfectly.
Steps to Cook Whole Salmon at Home
- Clean salmon and place the entire fish on aluminum foil.
- Wrap the salmon well with the foil.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Stuff fish cavity with onion, salt, pepper and slices of orange or lemons.
- Pour some white wine over the wrapped salmon.
- Bake salmon for 40 minutes until fish flesh becomes opaque and flakes easily when forked.
Roast Whole Salmon
- Preheat the grill.
- Clean salmon and season inside and outside with salt, pepper etc.
- Brush with olive oil.
- Place on preheated grill and let each side cook for 20 minutes each.
- Once done, let salmon cool.
- Peel skin off and serve warm.
Cooking Whole Salmon by Deep Frying
Whole salmon can also be fried easily at home. Put cleaned salmon in a frying pan containing cooking oil and fry to a golden brown color. Make sure that both sides of the salmon are cooked well.
Cooking whole salmon is one of the easiest ways of relishing the fish.