How To Cook Whole Chicken
Chicken can be cooked whole in a number of ways. It can be boiled, baked, and roasted easily to feed half a dozen people easily. Outlined below are some of the ways to cook a chicken whole.
Cook Whole Chicken by Baking
Baking a chicken is easy. Let us see how:
- Wash and clean chicken well. Make sure to remove the giblets .
- Preheat the oven to about 350 degrees F.
- Melt some butter and pour this over the chicken. Some melted butter can be poured into the chicken too.
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper, onion powder. Make sure that the insides are also seasoned accordingly.
- Bake chicken whole for about 90 minutes.
- Check if chicken is done by inserting the temperature into chicken breast. Ideally the temperature should be about 180 degrees. If not, continue to cook chicken until the temperature mark is reached.
- Once done, let chicken stand for 15 to 20 minutes and cool.
- Cut chicken into desirable sizes and serve warm with pan drippings and toppings.
Whole chicken can be baked with stuffing too. Stuff the chicken and bake for about 90 minutes as described.
Cooking Whole Chicken by Boiling
Chicken can be boiled whole and then cut up to be added to a variety of recipes.
- Clean and wash chicken well.
- Take a stockpot and fill it with water. Bring it to boil.
- Place the chicken in the pot. Add onion slices, salt, and pepper to the water.
- Cook chicken over medium heat and let it boil.
- Once, chicken comes to full boil, reduce heat and let simmer for 30 to 60 minute4s.
- Keep turning chicken occasionally during this period.
- Chicken is done when the skin easily falls off the chicken and legs can be broken easily.
- Let the chicken cool down before handling.
Cook whole chicken to get tender meat that can be either consumed immediately or, cut up and added to many different recipes like sandwiches, stir-fries, curry, casserole etc.