How To Cook Fried Shrimp
Frying shrimps are probably the easiest way to enjoy seafood at home whenever desired. Fried shrimps are versatile and can be added with rice, vegetables, and salads for wholesome meals. The steps below outline the way to go about cooking fried fish.
Directions to Cook Fried Fish
- Thaw frozen shrimps. If using freshly bought shrimps, peel, devein, and wash in cool water.
- Soak the shrimps in milk to keep them tender and moist.
- Take some eggs, flour and bread crumbs. Mix and coat the shrimps with this rub.
- In a frying pan, heat some cooking oil. Do not let the oil smoke.
- Add the coated shrimps into the hot oil and fry for about 4 to 5 minutes. Do not overcook shrimps since this would lead to loss of texture.
- Once done, remove the fried shrimps using a slotted spoon and blot dry on kitchen towels.
Tips for Cooking Fried Shrimp
- Keep shrimps refrigerated until ready to be fried.
- Shrimps become rubbery if over fried.
- Fry shrimps carefully and safely.
Coated or breaded shrimps do not absorb much oil since the crust prevents contact with the hot oil hence fried shrimps are healthy too! Cook fried shrimps and serve warm with cocktail sauce as appetizer in your next party!