How To Cook Fried Potato
Potatoes can be fried in a number of ways and this blog outlines the easiest way to cook fried raw potato. Potato, when fried makes the perfect finger food.
Directions for Cooking Fried Potato
- Peel potatoes and cut them into slices, sticks, or wedges.
- Soak cut potatoes in a bowl of water.
- Take a frying pan, pour in some cooking oil, and warm over medium heat.
- Take potato slices out of the water and season with lemon grass, dried mustard, and rosemary.
- Put the potatoes into the warm oil and let fry for 15 to 20 minutes. Keep stirring the potatoes while frying them to ensure that potato is fried golden brown evenly.
- Using a slotted spatula, transfer fried potato onto kitchen towels and blot dry.
- Now sprinkle salt and pepper and serve.
Tips To Cook Fried Potato
- Potatoes can be half cooked and then fried for a softer flesh and crispy exterior. Potato wedges taste best when cooked first and then fried.
- Store cut potatoes in water until ready for frying to prevent them from turning brown due to oxidation.
- Cut potatoes in similar sized pieces to facilitate even frying on all sides.
- Wedges and sticks of potatoes taste best when fried at home.
Cook fried potato and serve with fish for the traditional English fish and chips or just savor with spicy salsa. Fried potatoes are versatile and can be eaten in combination with vegetables, salads, rice, meat, and fish dishes.