How To Cook Fried Fish
Learn how to make the perfect, golden, fried fish. This is a skill easy to master provided the choice of fish is right and the oil used is heated to the right temperature. Frying fish is one of the easiest ways to cook fish since it can be done quickly and tastes good too!
Directions To Cook the Perfect Fried Fish
- The choice of fish is very important while planning to cook fried fish. Opt for white fishes that cook easily, are mild in taste, and become deliciously flaky.
- Next, make sure that the fish is cleaned thoroughly. Rinse fish in clean, cool water and blot dry. Cut into desired size.
- Make a marinade of cider vinegar, milk, eggs, pepper, salt, garlic powder, and onion powder. Immerse the fish in this and let the flavors infuse for about 45 minutes.
- Coat the marinated fish pieces with batter made of wholegrain flour and cornstarch.
- In a pan, pour cooking oil to about 1 ½ inches deep and warm it over medium heat.
- Once oil is hot, add in the coated fish pieces. Make sure that no two piece overlaps.
- Fry the side until golden brown and then flip over to fry the other side too.
- Blot dry on kitchen towels prior to serving.
Tips for Cooking Fried Fish
- Do not let the oil smoke, this is indicative of the oil being too hot for the fish and can cause charring of fish.
- Keep fried fish crisp and ready until serving in the oven at 175 degrees C.
- Though fish can be fried in all types of cooking oils like sunflower, soy etc, olive oil can be considered a healthier option.
- Do over fill the frying pan lest oil boils over and is ignited. Be safe while frying fish.
Cook fried fish and serve it warm for lunch or dinner. Fish contains omega 3 fatty acids and the "American Heart Association" recommends inclusion of fish in diet at least twice a week to decrease the risk of heart diseases.