Fruitful Muffins Recipe
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Nutrition information per muffin
187 kcal (9% GDA)
5.4g fat (8% GDA)
1.1g saturates (6% GDA)
15g sugars (17% GDA)
0.4g salt (7%)
Wholegrain servings: ½
100g Fruitful Shredded Wheat
(80g Shredded Wheat biscuits,
20g Fruitful fruit mix)
140g self-raising flour
2tsp baking powder
3tbsp light muscovado sugar
75ml semi-skimmed milk
1 medium egg
3tbsp sunflower oil
2 bananas, mashed
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/400F/gas mark 6.
2. Lightly oil 9 cups of a muffin tin or line with muffin paper cases.
3. Crumble the Fruitful Shredded Wheat biscuits with your hands.
4. Sieve the flour and baking powder into a bowl. Stir in 55g of the crumbled Shredded Wheat biscuits, 20g of the Fruitful fruit mix and the sugar.
5. Whisk together the milk, egg and oil.
6. Mash the bananas and fold into the dry ingredients with the milk mixture.
7. Gently mix in 75g of the blueberries. Do not over mix.
8. Divide the mixture between the muffin cups/cases, not quite filling them. Top with the remaining blueberries and scatter over the remaining 25g of crumbled Fruitful Shredded Wheat biscuits.
9. Bake for 20 minutes until golden, risen and firm. Leave for a few minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
• You can replace the blueberries with other berries such as blackberries, raspberries and loganberries.