Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
|Unsalted butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened (1 stick)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh pumpkin puree||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (or canned)|
|All purpose flour||7 1⁄2 Ounce (1.5 cups)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Kosher salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Ground clove||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Semisweet chocolate chips||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease a cookie sheet with butter or line with parchment paper. Set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter with white and brown sugar for about 60 seconds or until combined.
4. Add egg, beat well and then beat in vanilla and pumpkin puree until combined.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves.
6. Add spiced flour mixture to the wet ingredients, and mix until all of the flour streaks are almost gone.
7. Dump in the chocolate chips and mix well. At those point there should be no more flour streaks, but be sure not to overmix the cookie dough.
8. Use a cookie scoop to portion little heaps of cookie dough onto the baking sheet.
9. Bake for 15 minutes and then let cool on a wire rack.
10. Serve and enjoy!
Calories 278 Calories from Fat 101
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g17.8%
Saturated Fat 6.2 g30.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 37.8 mg12.6%
Sodium 201.8 mg8.4%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g13.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.98 g3.9%
Sugars 23.2 g
Protein 3 g6.1%
Vitamin A 36.9% Vitamin C 0.82%
Calcium 2.1% Iron 6.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet