Chocolate Chip Bacon Cookies
|Butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Hazelnut extract/Almond extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|White chocolate chips||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dark chocolate chips||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Bacon/2 pounds ofbacon unooked and crumbled||1⁄2 Pound, cooked whole strips|
|Maple cinnamon glaze|
|Powdered sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Maple extract||1 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
For Maple Glaze
2. In a bowl, place together powdered sugar, extracts, cinnamon and about 3 tablespoons of water and whisk until the mixture is creamy, set aside.
For Bacon cookie
3. In a mixing bowl, put together butter, sugar, extracts and egg and using the hand blender or in the mixer, beat the butter until creamy.
4. In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt, sugar and mix.
5. While still beating, add flour mixture in small batches, beating well after each addition, until well mixed and all the flour is used.
6. Stir in the chocolate chips and crumbled bacon and mix.
7. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour.
8. On a cookie sheet, form about 1 inch dough balls and place about 1.5” apart from each other.
9. Bake the dough ball in the oven for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
10. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
11. Spread the glaze over the cookie and serve topped with a piece of cooked bacon.