1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a bowl, add butter, shortening, sugar, eggs and vanilla extract and mix well together with hand or using a mixture.
3. Next, add the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt and combine together to form a dough.
4. In a bowl, mix sugar and ground cinnamon.
5. Roll the dough into small balls using your hands.
6. Roll the balls in the sugar-cinnamon mix and place on a baking sheet.
7. Place the baking sheet in the oven for 5-8 minutes.
8. Remove from oven, plate and serve. You can also wrap up these cookies and give to you loved ones as a Christmas present.