Valerie's Christmas Snickerdoodle Cookies
|For the wet ingredients:|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|For the dry ingredients:|
|All purpose flours||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cream of tartar||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|For the coating:|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cinnamon||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), ground|
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a bowl, add butter, shortening, sugar, eggs and vanilla extract and mix well together with hand or using a mixture.
3. Next, add the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt and combine together to form a dough.
4. In a bowl, mix sugar and ground cinnamon.
5. Roll the dough into small balls using your hands.
6. Roll the balls in the sugar-cinnamon mix and place on a baking sheet.
7. Place the baking sheet in the oven for 5-8 minutes.
8. Remove from oven, plate and serve. You can also wrap up these cookies and give to you loved ones as a Christmas present.
Calories 396 Calories from Fat 180
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.5%
Saturated Fat 8.7 g43.3%
Trans Fat 1.3 g
Cholesterol 61.4 mg20.5%
Sodium 201.2 mg8.4%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.4%
Dietary Fiber 6.5 g26.2%
Sugars 40.4 g
Protein 2 g4.7%
Vitamin A 7.2% Vitamin C 0.76%
Calcium 12.9% Iron 8.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet