Candied Ginger Lemon Cookies
|Flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Ginger powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Unsalted butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), softened|
|Light brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Candied ginger||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped finely|
|Lemon zest||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon, freshly squeezed|
|Powdered sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (for coating)|
1. In a bowl put the flour, ginger, baking powder and salt. Mix well and set aside.
2. Take another bowl and put the butter. Add sugar and cream them together.
3. Put the candied ginger and lemon zest. Resume beating for 1 minute till they are incorporated well.
4. Add the egg and continue to beat. Pour the lemon juice and mix well.
5. To the butter mixture, add the flour mixture. Mix till incorporated (Do not over mix).
6. On a flat work surface, sprinkle flour. Put the dough on it and divide it into two portions.
7. Mold both the portions into logs making them as wide as possible, depending on the desired size of cookies.
8. Wrap the logs in plastic wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours or overnight.
9. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats. Set aside.
10. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
11. Remove the dough from the fridge and cut it into 1/4th inch cookies.
12. Arrange them on the prepared baking sheet about ½ inch away from each other.
13. Put in the oven and bake around 12 minutes or until the edges begin to turn brown.
14. After 6 minutes of baking turn the baking sheet around to cook all the cookies evenly.
15. Remove cookies from the oven; place them onto a cooling rack along with the parchment or silicon mat.
16. Let them cool completely. Remove the parchment or mat and place them on the rack.
17. Roll them in powdered sugar or sprinkle the powdered sugar generously.
18. In a serving plate, arrange the cookies and serve them with a beverage of choice.