Crinkled Ginger Molasses Cookie
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground allspice||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Butter||4 Tablespoon (at room temperature)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Blackstrap molasses||4 Tablespoon (or regular)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (as needed)|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, add flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, allspice, and cloves. Mix well.
4. In a separate bowl, combine butter and sugar. Beat until creamy.
5. Drop egg white, and molasses. Whisk until smooth.
6. Add dry ingredients into the bowl, and mix until the flour just disappears.
7. With cookie scoop divide dough into 12 equal balls. Roll in sugar, and place them on baking sheet.
8. Place the baking sheet in oven and bake for 13-15 minutes. Let them cool completely. Wrap it with plastic as shown in the video and freeze for later use.
9. Serve crinkled ginger molasses cookies with a cup of hot coffee.
Calories 440 Calories from Fat 111
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.5%
Saturated Fat 7.8 g39%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32.3 mg10.8%
Sodium 547.6 mg22.8%
Total Carbohydrates 76 g25.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.7%
Sugars 50.4 g
Protein 5 g10.7%
Vitamin A 7.6% Vitamin C 0.77%
Calcium 3.6% Iron 15.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet