Create your own gingerbread men, stars, bells or any other shape you fancy, to brighten up your holiday table or even the Christmas tree!
For the frosting
1. In a large bowl combine flour, sugar and butter and all the ingredients, knead everything until you get a smooth mixture, wrap it in cling film and place it in the fridge (to rest) for at least 2-3 hours.
2. Preheat the oven at 350°F (180°C) after the cookies are ready.
3. Prepare a lined baking tray with lined parchment paper
4. Roll the dough into /5 to 1/6-inch thick sheet and cut into your desired shapes with cookie cutters.
5. Place it on the baking tray and bake in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes.
6. Once done let the cookies cool on a cooling rack.
7. Start making the frosting by beating egg whites in a bowl with powdered sugar until stiff, divide the mixture into small bowls and colour each one with different food colours.
8. Pour the mixture into parchment paper cones and decorate the cookies as you like.
9. Serve the Gingerbread Cookies along with a hot glass of milk.