Gingerbread Cookies ( Biscotti di pan di Zenzero )
|Cinnamon powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Ginger powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Clove powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Nutmeg powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|For the frosting|
|Egg white||1 Medium|
|Powdered sugar||200 Gram|
|Food coloring||3 Dash|
1. In a large bowl combine flour, sugar and butter and all the ingredients, knead everything until you get a smooth mixture, wrap it in cling film and place it in the fridge (to rest) for at least 2-3 hours.
2. Preheat the oven at 350°F (180°C) after the cookies are ready.
3. Prepare a lined baking tray with lined parchment paper
4. Roll the dough into /5 to 1/6-inch thick sheet and cut into your desired shapes with cookie cutters.
5. Place it on the baking tray and bake in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes.
6. Once done let the cookies cool on a cooling rack.
7. Start making the frosting by beating egg whites in a bowl with powdered sugar until stiff, divide the mixture into small bowls and colour each one with different food colours.
8. Pour the mixture into parchment paper cones and decorate the cookies as you like.
9. Serve the Gingerbread Cookies along with a hot glass of milk.
Calories 365 Calories from Fat 96
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.8%
Saturated Fat 6.6 g33.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 42.4 mg14.1%
Sodium 207.2 mg8.6%
Total Carbohydrates 64 g21.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g5.8%
Sugars 39.9 g
Protein 4 g8%
Vitamin A 6.7% Vitamin C 0.54%
Calcium 2.1% Iron 9.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet