|Sugar||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs) (1 cup to roll the chocolate blossoms)|
|Vanilla essence||1 Teaspoon|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cocoa powder||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a large mixing bowl, add the butter, eggs, sugar, vanilla essence and using an electric mixer, blend until fluffy.
2. In another bowl, add the dry ingredients of flour, cocoa powder and mix well.
3. Gradually beat in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients by adding 1/4 cup at a time. Once done, refrigerate for about an hour or until the dough can be rolled into balls.
4. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
5. Remove the dough from the refrigerator and make balls of 1/8 inch in size.
6. In a plate, add sugar and roll the balls into this sugar and set aside on a baking tray.
7. Bake these balls in the oven for 9 minutes. Once done, remove and let them cool completely for 30 minutes.
8. Serve these chocolate blossoms with warm milk.
Calories 314 Calories from Fat 50
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.9%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g15.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 40.6 mg13.5%
Sodium 16.6 mg0.7%
Total Carbohydrates 69 g23.1%
Dietary Fiber 7.2 g28.8%
Sugars 42.2 g
Protein 7 g14.3%
Vitamin A 2.1% Vitamin C
Calcium 3.4% Iron 21.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet