Ghirardelli Chocolate Chip Cookies
|Ghirardelli chocolate chips||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips)|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs), softened (or 2 sticks of butter)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), packed|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Unsifted flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped (or pecans) (Optional)|
1. Preheat the oven to 375º F.
2. In a bowl, combine the flour with the baking soda and salt. Set aside.
3. In an electric mixer, cream the butter until nice and smooth. Add in the granulated sugar and brown sugar and cream them together on medium speed until the mixture is light and fluffy.
4. Add the vanilla extract and pour in one egg at a time and continue beating until well incorporated. Scrape any extra mixture on the sides of the bowl and beat again to mix.
5. Gradually add in the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture while mixing. Once done, stir in the chocolate chips and mix well.
6. Stir in the chopped walnuts or pecans and beat again.
7. Take the non-greased cookie sheet and drop a tablespoon each of the cookie batter onto the cookie sheet.
8. Bake the cookies at 375 degrees for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown.
9. Once done, remove the cookie sheet from the oven and let the cookies sit on the sheet for 2 minutes. Then transfer them onto a rack to cool completely.
10. Serve the ghirardelli chocolate chip cookies with tea or coffee.
Calories 518 Calories from Fat 252
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.3%
Saturated Fat 12.5 g62.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 79 mg26.3%
Sodium 326.2 mg13.6%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g14.1%
Sugars 36.4 g
Protein 7 g14.4%
Vitamin A 10.3% Vitamin C 0.18%
Calcium 3.9% Iron 11.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet