4 Teaspoon (3/4 of the zest for the dough and ¼ zest & the juice of ½ the lemon for the glaze)
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)
1 Tablespoon (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy.
3. Add in the egg and lemon zest beat until well combined.
3. Add the Bisquick and continue mixing until stiff dough is formed.
4. To make the glaze combine lemon zest with the lemon juice and the confectioner’s sugar. stir until smooth.
5. Roll tablespoons of the dough into balls and place them onto an ungreased cookie sheet then flatten with the palm of your hand to reach a thickness of about ½ inch.
6. Bake for 17 minutes at 350 degrees F.
7. Dip each cookie into the glaze allowing the excess glaze to drip off.
8. Sprinkle the cookies with the yellow sugar.
8. Serve Lemon Dropped Cookies with fruit juice.
This recipe makes 2 dozen cookies but can easily be doubled or tripled. If you’re not following a gluten free diet substitute (1 ½ cups all-purpose flour, 1 tsp. baking powder & 1/8 tsp. salt). The glaze should have the consistency of melted ice cream. If it’s too thick add more lemon juice, if it’s too thin add more of the sugar.