Peanut Butter Cookies
|Unsalted butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), thawed|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (1/2 cup + more for rolling the cookies)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Creamy peanut butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Egg||1 Large, thawed|
|Flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Baking soda||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Salted peanuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), roasted|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicon liners.
3. On a plate put about ½ a cup of sugar.
4. In a bowl mix the dry ingredients and set aside.
5. Take mixing bowl put butter. Add sugars and cream until smooth.
6. Put the peanut butter, vanilla and egg. Beat until you have a smooth, fully incorporated cream.
7. Add the dry ingredients and mix until you have uniform dough. Do not over mix the dough. Put the peanuts and mix in.
8. Form small balls with the dough and roll them in the sugar.
9. Place the sugar coated balls on the baking sheet and gently press down on them with a fork. Turn the cookie and press down in the other direction.
10. Bake the cookies for about 9 minutes or until the borders start to brown.
11. Let them cool down on the sheet for about 1 minute and transfer them to a cooling rack.
12. In a serving platter, arrange the cookies and serve as snack with milk or any beverage.
Calories 364 Calories from Fat 178
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g31.5%
Saturated Fat 8 g39.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 47 mg15.7%
Sodium 236.4 mg9.8%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g13.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.5%
Sugars 26.6 g
Protein 6 g12.8%
Vitamin A 6.5% Vitamin C 0.06%
Calcium 1.6% Iron 5.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet