Sugar Cookie Pizzas for Kids
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For the sugar cookie dough)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon (For the sugar cookie dough)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (For the sugar cookie dough)|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs), softened (For the sugar cookie dough)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For the sugar cookie dough)|
|Egg||1 Large (For the sugar cookie dough)|
|Vanilla||5 Teaspoon (For the sugar cookie dough)|
|Cream cheese||5 Cup (80 tbs), whipped|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh fruits||2 Cup (32 tbs), sliced ((strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, kiwis, bananas, apples, peaches, plums and/or pears))|
To make the sugar cookie dough
1. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
2. In a separate bowl using electric beaters or in a standing mixer, cream the butter and sugar for 3 minutes on medium to high speed until light and fluffy.
3. Add the egg and vanilla to the butter mixture and beat until incorporated.
4. Turn the speed to low and slowly add the flour mixture until the dough comes together.
5. Place the dough onto a piece of plastic wrap, parchment paper or wax paper and flatten into a round shaped disk.
6. Wrap the dough disk and chill in the refrigerator until firm, at least thirty minutes or overnight or until required.
7. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
8. Let dough sit out for about 10 minutes or until soft enough to roll out.
9. Roll out sugar cookie dough to 1/4 inch thick and using a 5-inch round cookie cutter, cut out 10 cookies. You will need to re-roll the dough to get the final few cookies.
10. Place cookies on a cookie sheet and bake for 18-20 minutes or until edges just begin to turn golden.
11. Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool completely.
12. In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, honey and vanilla and mix until smooth.
13. Spread cream cheese on top of each sugar cookie pizza, top with fresh fruit
14. This recipe makes 10, 5-inch round personal pizzas which are perfect for a party, lunch box snack, after school treat or even as dessert.
You can make the cookie bases and store them in an airtight container until required.
Use any fruit combination and or other toppings you like to decorate the pizzas.
Calories 763 Calories from Fat 516
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 59 g90.3%
Saturated Fat 34.1 g170.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 197.1 mg65.7%
Sodium 615.9 mg25.7%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.5%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4.1%
Sugars 28.8 g
Protein 10 g20.9%
Vitamin A 42.7% Vitamin C 9.9%
Calcium 16.6% Iron 9.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet