|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs) (raw, whole)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Unsalted butter||1 Cup (16 tbs), softened|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs), divided (1/4 cup for cookie dough and 1/4 cup for dusting)|
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Place the walnuts in a food processor and ground for 30 seconds.
3. Place the ground walnuts, flour and cinnamon in a bowl and combine.
4. Place the butter, sugar and vanilla extract in a standing mixer (or bowl using a hand mixer) and cream for 3-4 minutes.
5. Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture until combined.
6. Using a mini ice cream scoop or a spoon (about 2 tablespoons), scoop out the dough and place on a Silpat or parchment lined baking sheet.
7. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove and cool slightly.
8. Dust with confectioners’ sugar and serve.
This recipe makes 2 dozen cookies.