|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs) (raw, whole)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Unsalted butter||1 Cup (16 tbs), softened|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs), divided (1/4 cup for cookie dough and 1/4 cup for dusting)|
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Place the walnuts in a food processor and ground for 30 seconds.
3. Place the ground walnuts, flour and cinnamon in a bowl and combine.
4. Place the butter, sugar and vanilla extract in a standing mixer (or bowl using a hand mixer) and cream for 3-4 minutes.
5. Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture until combined.
6. Using a mini ice cream scoop or a spoon (about 2 tablespoons), scoop out the dough and place on a Silpat or parchment lined baking sheet.
7. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove and cool slightly.
8. Dust with confectioners’ sugar and serve.
This recipe makes 2 dozen cookies.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3337 Calories from Fat 2267
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 261 g401.8%
Saturated Fat 129.6 g648.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 516.1 mg172%
Sodium 31.9 mg1.3%
Total Carbohydrates 234 g78%
Dietary Fiber 12.7 g50.9%
Sugars 119.8 g
Protein 30 g60.8%
Vitamin A 120.7% Vitamin C 2.5%
Calcium 22.5% Iron 51%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet