Holiday Almond Cookies for Kids
|Raw almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs), divided|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Unsalted butter||1 Cup (16 tbs), softened|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs), packed|
|Almond extract||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Place 1 cup of almonds in a food processor and ground for 30 seconds.
3. Place the ground almonds, flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and combine.
4. Place the butter and sugar in a standing mixer (or bowl using a hand mixer) and cream for 3-4 minutes.
5. Add the egg and almond extract and mix another minute.
6. Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture until combined.
7. Using a mini ice cream scoop or a heaping tablespoon, scoop out the dough and place on a Silpat or parchment-lined baking sheet.
8. Place one almond in the middle of each cookie.
9. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
10. Remove and cool completely.
11. Serve with a glass of warm milk.