1. Preheat the oven at 375 degrees F.
2. In a saucepan, combine the butter, sugar, molasses and vinegar and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
3. Remove from the heat cool to lukewarm and stir in egg.
4. Combine the flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon and salt and stir into molasses mixture to form soft dough.
5. Divide dough into thirds.
6. Shape each portion into a disk and wrap in plastic wrap.
7. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until easy to handle.
8. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/4-in. thickness.
9. Cut with a floured 3-inches gingerbread boy cookie cutter.
10. Place on greased baking sheets and bake in the preheated oven for 7-9 minutes or until edges are firm.
11. Remove to wire racks.
12. Serve them with beverages or have them with desired toppings.