1) Preheat oven to temperature of 225 degrees.
2) Melt the butter (not until liquid, but until it becomes a bit creamy) and combine with the sugar.
3) Add the egg and beat well.
4) Throw in the vanilla sugar and dried pineapple pieces.
5) In a separate deep bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
6) Combine both mixtures and beat well.
7) Let rest for around an hour and spoon into a cookie tray covered with baking paper. Leave some space between the cookies since these will expand a bit.
8) Sprinkle with some of the grated coconut and bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven.
9) Remove the cookies from the oven, let them sit for a few minutes and then arrange on a serving plate. These can be served slightly warm or cold.