Chewy oatmeal treats with a buttery rich flavor. It’s hard to eat just one. Good thing they are easy to make.
2 Cup (32 tbs)
Natural brown sugar
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease a 9-inch by 11-inch rectangle baking pan.
3. In a bowl mix together the oats, baking powder, salt and set aside
4. Add the margarine and the sugar to a saucepan. Heat and stir until the margarine and sugar melted together.
5. Pour the syrup over the oats add the maple syrup and mix well.
6. Turn into greased baking pan and press down evenly
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
8. Cool for a few minutes and cut into bars.
9. Remove bars from pan while slightly warm as the bars will stick to the pan when they cool completely.
10. Enjoy as a morning or evening snack.
You can add nuts like walnuts or almonds and raisins or dates to the oats if you like.