Step by step demonstration of making Italian sesame seed cookies.
1 Cup (16 tbs)
Unhulled sesame seeds
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
Pure vanilla extract
Aluminium free baking powder
4 Cup (64 tbs)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1. Pre heat the oven to 375 degrees Farenheit.
2. In a large mixing bowl, crack open the eggs and let them sit for a little while.
3. Spread the sesame seeds on a cookie sheet and toast them in the oven for 10 minutes.Check on them in between and give the pan a shake to help them brown evenly. Once done, let them cool.
4. Whisk the eggs well.
5. Gradually add the sugar stirring continuously.
6. Add the salt and the vegetable oil in it and mix in together.
7. Pour in the vanilla extract and sift in the baking powder in it.
8. Next incorporate the flour one cup at a time stirring continuously with a wooden spoon.
9. Use hands to bring the dough together and knead it gently.
10.Pour the milk in a shallow dish.
11.Take a pinch of the dough and give it an elongated shape, dip in milk and roll in sesame seeds and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
12.Bake them in the oven on the second shelf from the bottom for 5 minutes and place them on the second shelf from the top for the remaining 8 minutes.
13.Take them out from the oven and let them cool.
14. Store in an airtight container and serve out of it.