Step be step demonstration of making Christmas sugar cookies.
Pure vanilla extract
Pure almond extract
6 Cup (96 tbs)
Cream of tartar
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1. Pre heat the oven to 370 degrees Farenheit.
2. In a mixing bowl of the stand mixer, add the butter and let it come to room temperature.
3. Blend in the confectioner’s sugar.
4. Crack in two eggs.
5. Add in the vanilla extract and the almond extract. Pulse the mixer at high scraping the sides from time to time.
6. In another bowl, sift in the flour with the baking soda and the cream of tartar.
7. Incorporate the flour in the butter sugar mixture one cup at a time.
8. Empty the dough in a large bowl and work with your hands to bring it together.
9. Divide in two equal portions, wrap up in parchment and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
10.Take out the portioned dough and divide in half.
11.Flour the counter and roll the dough out to less than ¼ inch in thickness.
12.Using cookie cutters cut out cookies and place them on an ungreased cookie sheet.
13.Sprinkle with clear sugar and decorate with clear sprinkles.
14.Place them in the second from the bottom shelf in the oven for 4 minutes and the remaining 4 minutes on the second shelf from the top.
15.Take them out and cool on a drying rack.
16. Store in an air tight container and serve out of it.