Step by step demonstration of making Pizzelles... .Italian Christmas cookies.
1 1⁄2 Tablespoon
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)
4 1⁄2 Cup (72 tbs)
1. In a large mixing bowl, crack open the 12 eggs and give them a good whisk until they turn foamy.
2. Slowly add the vegetable oil,sugar, anise seed and vanilla and beat well.
3. In another bowl, stir the flour and the baking powder together.
4. Gradually, add the flour into the egg mixture adding 1 cup at a time. Stir together with a wooden spoon until well blended.
5. Heat up the cast iron pizzelle maker.
6. In the cast iron pizzelle maker, drop a tablespoon of the batter and squeeze the irons together. Cook for about a minute.
7. Open the iron and flip out the pizzelle onto a tray to cool.
8. Store in an airtight container and serve out of it.