1. Pre heat the oven to 325 degrees Farenheit.
2. In a mixing bowl, cut the butter into pieces and let it sit at room temperature.
3. Chop the blanched almonds into a course meal and set aside.
4. When butter is softened, add 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar with an electric mixer and cream together.
5. Add the almond extract to it.
6. Stir the chopped almonds and mix everything well.
7. Gradually add in the flour, one cup at a time. Mix well until the flour is incorporated into the dough.
8. Pinch a little bit of the dough and roll in the palm of your hands into a 3/4 inch ball.Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
9. Bake for 15 minutes until the bottom is golden.
10.Remove tray from oven and let the cookies sit on the tray for a few minutes.
11. Put the confectioners sugar in a bowl and gently roll the warm cookies in it until the sugar coats it evenly.
12. Place the cookies on a large tray and cool for another 10 minutes and then return to the bowl with the sugar and coat again.
13. Set on a tray to cool completely.
14. Store in an air tight container and serve out of it.