Candy Cane Thumbprint Cookie
|Butter||210 Gram, softened|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||1 Medium, beaten|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Peppermint candies||2 Tablespoon, crushed|
|For the filling|
|Peppermint extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon (for the filling)|
|Powdered sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (for the filling)|
|Milk||3 Teaspoon (for the filling)|
1. Preheat the oven to 375 F.
2. In a mixer bowl, put together 2/3 cups of butter, sugar and salt, and mix well using and paddle attachment, until smooth.
3. Add in egg and vanilla extract, and mix until well incorporated.
4. Add in the flour and mix until it forms into dough.
5. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap, and chill in refrigerator for an hour.
6. Using small ice cream scoop, shape the dough into 1-inch balls.
7. On an ungreased baking sheet, place the dough ball about 2” apart from each other.
8. In the center of each cookie. press clean thumb to make a deep impression.
9. Bake the cookies in oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until lightly golden around the edges.
10. Remove the cookie from oven and allow to cool completely.
11. In a mixer bowl, put together remaining ¼ cup of butter, powdered sugar, peppermint extract, and milk mix using paddle attachment, until smooth.
12. In a piping tool or piping bag, fill the filling and fill in the centre of each cookie.
13. Sprinkle with chopped peppermint candies over the filling and serve as desired.
You can use, hand blender instead of stand up mixer. If using hand blender while making cookie dough, beat as much of flour you can and knead the remaining with hand.
If you don’t have piping tools, you can fill the filling in plastic zip lock bag, cut the corner and pipe the filling.
You can involve kids to make the thumb impression if you want to.