Jo Ann's Cowboy Cookies
|Shortening/Unsalted butter||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Eggs||6 Medium, beaten|
|Sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs), firmly packed|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Tablespoon|
|Oats||6 Cup (96 tbs), uncooked (long-cooking type)|
|Semi sweet chocolate chip||24 Ounce|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a very large bowl, place together shortening, beaten eggs, both the sugars and vanilla, stir to mix and set aside.
3. In another large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; mix well.
4. Slowly add the flour mixture into shortening mixture, while stirring continuously.
5. While still stirring add in oats and chocolate chips and mix evenly.
6. On greased baking sheets, place the dough balls, using ice cream scoop, placing 2 inches apart of each other.
7. Bake in oven for 18 minutes, until edges are lightly golden.
8. Remove from oven and place the cookies on wire racks and allow to cool completely.
9. Enjoy cookies with a glass of warm milk or coffee if desired.
You can add in nuts if you want.
Shape the cookie dough in 1” balls and bake for 12 to 15 minutes to make small cookies.
This is the large batch you can use half of ingredients to make small batch.
Calories 541 Calories from Fat 235
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.2%
Saturated Fat 7.3 g36.3%
Trans Fat 2.7 g
Cholesterol 37.2 mg12.4%
Sodium 261.2 mg10.9%
Total Carbohydrates 74 g24.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.68 g2.7%
Sugars 48.2 g
Protein 4 g8.8%
Vitamin A 0.9% Vitamin C
Calcium 2.7% Iron 7.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet