1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (or 175 degrees C)
2. Grease an 8x8, 9x9 or 7x11 inch pan and line the bottom with parchment.
3. Mix together a tablespoon each of brown sugar and granulated sugar with the 1/8 teaspoon of cinnamon and set it aside to sprinkle on top.
4. In a small bowl stir together the Bisquick and 1 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon and set it aside.
5. In a larger bowl whisk the melted butter and brown sugar together until well combined. Add the applesauce, egg and vanilla and continue whisking until smooth.
6. Switch over to a rubber spatula, and add the Bisquick mixture. Stir the wet and dry ingredients together until you no longer see any remaining dry mixture then stir in the walnuts.
7. Spread the batter along the bottom of the prepared pan being careful not to disturb the parchment paper.
8. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until the Blondies are a deep golden color and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow them to cool completely then refrigerate to make them even sturdier before slicing. Use a serrated knife to cut them and serve.
For gluten intolerant gluten free patients, it can be very difficult to find good desserts. This gluten free dessert recipe should be the first choice. Everyone will love the combination of cinnamon with the bars to create the lovely dessert. This one is a keeper.