These cream cheese sugar cookies are my new favorite sugar cookie recipe!! The dough is a dream to work with (just make sure it is properly chilled) That almond extract and rich cream cheese really adds some character to cookies.
All purpose flour
2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)
2 Cup (32 tbs)
4 Ounce, softened
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened
1⁄4 Teaspoon (as required, A range of food colorings like red, blue, purple, green, yellow can be used)
Marshmallow fluff/White frosting
1 Tablespoon (as required)
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, cream together sugar, cream cheese and butter.
3. Beat in the eggs and add vanilla extract and almond extract.
4. Combine the dry ingredients with wet ingredients. Mix till it forms dough.
5. Divide into 5 even-sized balls. Place dough balls into a bowl.
6. Add food coloring of choice to each ball of dough, using a spoon to distribute the color evenly.
7. Wrap the dough if saran wrap. Flatten and refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
8. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
9. On a flat surface sprinkle powdered sugar and carefully roll out the dough until it is about 1/4 inch thick.
10. Cut out 2 inch size heart shapes with a cookie cutter. Place on a non-stick baking sheets.
11. Bake for 4-5 minutes. Check on the cookies frequently as they can get burnt easily.
12. Remove from oven and place cookies on a cooling rack.
13. When cooled spread a layer of frosting or marshmallow fluff in the center of a cookie and top with another cookie.
14. In a serving plate, arrange the cookies and serve with milk or any refreshing beverage or store in an airtight container and serve as required.
We love cream cheese and these cream cheese sugar cookies are something that are meant to be treasured. They are remarably easy to make and just as alluring to look at. Try these great cookies as a snack or as colorful desserts.