Mouth-watering Christmas Gingerbread Cookies
|Unsalted butter||1 Cup (16 tbs) (2 Sticks)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Molasses||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||5 Cup (80 tbs) (Maybe You Will Need 0.50 Cup More)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon (I Didn't Use This In My Video)|
|Ground ginger||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven at 160 degrees.
2. Cut 2 sticks of unsalted butter into cubes and leave them in room temperature for 1 hour.
3. In a large bowl, use an electric beater to cream softened butter and brown sugar together until light and fluffy.
4. Crack one large egg and mix until the egg is just about to disappear.
5. Pour in one cup of Molasses and mix well. One cup might seem a lot, but I can tell you, it's not. I don't like my recipes to be too sweet, so don't worry about the cookies are going to be very sweet.
6. In another large bowl, weight out 5 cups of all purpose-flour and put in ground cinnamon, ground cloves, ground nutmeg(optional), ground ginger, baking soda and a pinch of salt. Use a fork to mix them and break down the lumps, you can sift it if you want. (If your dough is too soft and seems like it needs more flour, put a few tablespoons of flour and work on your dough until you get the right consistency.)
7. Pour 1/3 of the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Keep folding until most of the flour are gone then pour in the second 1/3 of the dry ingredients and so on.
8. Once everything is combined together, transfer you dough to a large surface or a cutting board, work on the dough for about a minute or two, then split you dough to half and wrap it tightly with plastic wrap. Put them into the fridge for 2 hours.
9. 2 hours later, you dough should be slightly firmer and will be easy to work on. Roll your dough to about 5mm thin and use your favorite cookie cutters and start cutting out your cookies. Then transfer your cookies to a baking pan with wax paper on it.
10. Put them into a preheated 150-160C° oven and bake for 10-13 minutes or until they are golden brown.
11. Let them cool completely and decorate your gingerbread cookies with icing. Serve the cookies as the evening snack.
12. Make sure you scrape the sides of the bowl.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5405 Calories from Fat 1721
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 196 g301.7%
Saturated Fat 119.2 g595.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 695.3 mg231.8%
Sodium 2580.1 mg107.5%
Total Carbohydrates 851 g283.7%
Dietary Fiber 27.5 g109.9%
Sugars 290.6 g
Protein 75 g149.1%
Vitamin A 118.8% Vitamin C 5.6%
Calcium 104.8% Iron 269.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet