1. In a mixing bowl place the butter, sugar, salt and vanilla extract, combine all the ingredients using a fork.
2. Add flour and thoroughly mix, divide the dough in two batch and cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
3. Preheat the oven to 350 degree, before you start rolling the dough.
4. After 1 hour transfer the dough on a floured worktop and roll it to about1/4 inch thickness.
5. Dip the cookie cutter in the flour and cut the dough.
6. Place the cookie on a baking sheet, take a spoon and make indent in the center of the cookies.
7. Place the black cherry jam in the center.
8. Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes, once done remove and allow it to cool for 30 minutes.
9. In a bowl combine the chocolate chips and warm it in the microwave, do not melt it.
10. Pour canola oil and using a spoon mix everything well.
11. Dip the cookies in the melted chocolate and keep it until the chocolate hardens.
12. Serve the shortbread cookies along with a hot cup of coffee.