Chocolate-Dipped Black Cherry Shortbread Cookies
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pure vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|All-purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Black cherry jam||2 Tablespoon|
|Chocolate chip||6 Ounce (milk or dark)|
|Canola oil||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a mixing bowl place the butter, sugar, salt and vanilla extract, combine all the ingredients using a fork.
2. Add flour and thoroughly mix, divide the dough in two batch and cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
3. Preheat the oven to 350 degree, before you start rolling the dough.
4. After 1 hour transfer the dough on a floured worktop and roll it to about1/4 inch thickness.
5. Dip the cookie cutter in the flour and cut the dough.
6. Place the cookie on a baking sheet, take a spoon and make indent in the center of the cookies.
7. Place the black cherry jam in the center.
8. Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes, once done remove and allow it to cool for 30 minutes.
9. In a bowl combine the chocolate chips and warm it in the microwave, do not melt it.
10. Pour canola oil and using a spoon mix everything well.
11. Dip the cookies in the melted chocolate and keep it until the chocolate hardens.
12. Serve the shortbread cookies along with a hot cup of coffee.
Calories 299 Calories from Fat 160
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28.2%
Saturated Fat 9.1 g45.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 30.4 mg10.1%
Sodium 117.5 mg4.9%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.42 g1.7%
Sugars 13.9 g
Protein 2 g4.8%
Vitamin A 7.1% Vitamin C
Calcium 0.6% Iron 4.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet