1. Preheat the oven to 375 degree.
2. Prepare a greased baking sheet.
3. In a bowl combine flour, baking soda, ground ginger, cinnamon, ground clove and salt.
4. In a stand mixer bowl combine softened butter and packed brown sugar.
5. Cream well and add the molasses and egg mix everything.
6. Gradually add the flour mixture and mix until all ell incorporated.
7. Finally add the raisins and give a final whisk.
8. Once done transfer the dough in a bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
9. After 30 minutes using an ice cream scoop make small balls and roll it in granulated sugar.
10. Once done place on the baking sheet, flatten out the balls and also leave enough room between each balls.
11. Bake it in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes.
12. Once done remove and allow it to cool on the cooling rack.
13. Serve the molasses crinkles along with a cup of hot tea.