Betty's Festive Fruitcake Cookies ☆
|Candied pineapple||4 Ounce, chopped|
|Red candied cherries||2 Ounce, chopped|
|Green candied cherries||2 Ounce, chopped|
|Golden raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pecan||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Flour||5⁄8 Cup (10 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , seperated|
|Brandy||1⁄2 Ounce (Optional)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Light brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cooking oil spray||1|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 325F.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, mix together candied pineapple, red candied cherries, green candied cherries, golden raisins, and chopped pecans.
3. Dredge the mixture with flour and set aside.
4. In another bowl, cream butter and brown sugar, together.
5. Add egg yolk, beating well.
6. Dissolve baking soda in milk and add to cream mixture.
7. Add brandy, cinnamon, and nutmeg, and the remaining 5/8 cup flour, mixing well.
8. In a small bowl, beat egg white until stiff, but not dry.
9. Fold beaten egg white into batter.
10. Fold in dredged fruit mixture.
11. Prepare a baking pan by lining it with parchment paper and spraying the paper with cooking oil spray.
12. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto parchment paper.
13. Bake at 350F for about 12 minutes.
14. Transfer immediately to cooling racks, allow to sit until cool.
15. Arrange on a nice serving plate and serve with a hot beverage.