Almond Tile Cookies
|Egg whites||2 (at room temperature)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||3 Tablespoon, melted|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Sliced blanched almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. In a cookie sheet sprinkle salad oil and dust the surface with flour.
3. In medium bowl, combine together egg whites, sugar and vanilla.
4. Using a wire whisk, beat mixture for 2 minutes, or until sugar is dissolved and mixture is syrupy.
5. Add butter and flour to it. Beat until mixture becomes smooth.
6. Add almonds. Stir well.
7. Pour spoonfuls in the cookie sheet, at least 4 inches from one another.
8. Using small spatula spread each to a 3-inch circle. Make no more than 8 at a time.
9. Place sheet in oven and bake for 4 to 5 minutes till the cookies are golden brown around its edges and light brown in the center.
10. Remove the cookies using a small spatula and place over rolling pin so that they curve,
11. Do this with the rest of the batter adding oil and flour to the cookie sheet every time.
12. Serve Almond Tile Cookies hot or cold.
Calories 406 Calories from Fat 219
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37%
Saturated Fat 6.9 g34.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 24.2 mg8.1%
Sodium 25.6 mg1.1%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g18.1%
Sugars 26.2 g
Protein 9 g18.4%
Vitamin A 5.6% Vitamin C
Calcium 9% Iron 8.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet