Strawberry Cookie Shell Sundaes
|Fresh strawberries||1 Pint|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For cookie shells|
|Sifted confectioners sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sifted all purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Chopped pecans||2 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla ice cream||1 Quart|
|Chopped pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 300F.
2. Wash strawberries and cut in slices. Add granulated sugar to it, and refrigerate.
3. Grease, and flour 2 cookie sheets.
4. In medium bowl add egg. Beat eggs till soft peaks are formed as beaters are raised.
5. With a wire whisk or rubber spatula stir in confectioners' sugar along with brown sugar. Fold till the sugar dissolves.
6. Add vanilla to the mixture.
7. Add flour and salt. Stiring and mixing well.
8. Add butter and 2 tablespoons pecans, and blend well.
9. On prepared cookie sheet, spoon about 2 tablespoons batter.
10. Spread the batter thin, to make 5-inch round.
11. Make 2 more rounds on cookie sheet and 3 rounds on other cookie sheet.
12. Place the sheets in oven and bake for 12 minutes. (Place the sheets one at a time)
13. Using a broad spatula, remove hot cookies from sheet.
14. Mold each of the cookies, bottom side down, to form shell. Cool.
15. Fill shells with ice cream. Top it with strawberry slices.
17. Sprinkle chopped nuts over it.
18. Serve Strawberry Cookie Shell Sundaes immediately.