Christmas Eggless Sugar Cookies
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Maida)|
|Powdered sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Melted butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla essence||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Icing sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla essence||1 Drop|
|Sprinkles/Granulated sugar||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 300 degree F before baking the cookies.
2. Into a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt for the cookie dough.
3. Make a well in the center of the sifted dry ingredients and pour in the melted butter.
4. Mix quick and gently and knead in to dough. Do not know too much.
5. Form dough in to a ball, cover with plastic and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
6. Remove dough from refrigerator and unwrap onto a floured rolling board.
7. Roll dough out into about 1/4" thickness.
8. Use cookie cutters of desired shapes to cut out the cookie dough.
9. Arrange cookies on a cookie sheet, keeping 1-inch space between each.
10. Bake at 300 degree Fahrenheit for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown.
11. After baking remove cookies from oven and transfer them to a cooling rack.
12. In the meantime, prepare glaze by mixing icing sugar with milk and blend well.
13. Once cookies cools down, coat the cookies with glaze and sprinkle with colored sprinkles or sugar.
14. Serve with tea or as tea-time snack.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3119 Calories from Fat 1571
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 179 g274.7%
Saturated Fat 111.2 g556%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 464.5 mg154.8%
Sodium 953.7 mg39.7%
Total Carbohydrates 371 g123.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.6%
Sugars 269.5 g
Protein 15 g29.7%
Vitamin A 108.6% Vitamin C 12.5%
Calcium 16.7% Iron 33.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet