1. Preheat the oven at 350 degree.
2. In a large bowl combine the flour, unsweetened cocoa, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
3. Cut the Maraschino cherries in half, keep it aside in a bowl.
4. In a stand mixer bowl cream the butter and sugar for few minutes then add the vanilla extract along with egg.
5. Once all ingredients have combined well add the flour mixture and blend until you get smooth dough.
6. Once done remove the dough from the bowl and make small balls and place them on a baking tray.
7. Place half of the cherry on each cookie; continue till you are done with all the cookies.
8. Bake in the preheated oven for 8 minutes.
9. In the mean time make the frosting; combine the chocolate chip, condensed milk and the cherry syrup.
10. Microwave it for 30 seconds to 1 minute cover it with cling wrap and make sure not to char it.
11. Once the cookie is done remove and let it cool, once cooled add the chocolate frosting and let it set for 30 minutes.
12. Sprinkle some powdered sugar on top.
13. Serve the chocolate covered cherry cookies along with a cup of tea.
These Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies will definitely make everyone go nuts. They are sinfully indulgent and you cannot stop with just one. Enough said; watch and learn how to make them from this video. Enjoy!
Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies From Pg 239 Of Rosalie Serving Country Cookbook Recipe Video