My mom use to make these chocolate chip cookies for us all the time growing up. It's a old fashioned recipe and these babies always went first at church bake sales.
The best part about these chocolate chip cookies because there deliciousness (yep I said it) is that they're so freakin easy to whip up and the dough stores great in the freezer
All purpose flour
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)
1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 stick)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1 Medium, lightly beaten
Semi sweet chocolate chips
6 Ounce (1 pack)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
3. In a bowl, add flour, baking soda and salt. Whisk it well to mix. Set aside.
4. In another bowl, add sugar, brown sugar, shortening, egg and vanilla. Beat them till well combined and creamy.
5. Slowly add the flour mixture in batches and mix till incorporated.
6. Put the chocolate chips and stir to mix well.
7. Take spoonful of cookie dough and roll into a ball. Place them on the prepared baking sheet away from each other.
8. Bake for around 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let it sit on the baking sheet for around 3 minutes.
9. Transfer them on to cooling rack and let it cool completely.
10. In a serving plate, arrange the cookies and serve with milk or any refreshing drink.
If you like eating and baking cookies, this easy old fashioned chocolate chip cookies recipe is a must have for you. They are quick, easy, very crumbly and crispy and taste yummy. So take a look at this video clip for the recipe and go fire that oven!