Chocolate Tipped Butter Cookies
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs), softened|
|Sifted powdered sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Semi-sweet chocolate morsels||6 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Finely chopped pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 350° F.
2) Take a bowl and cream butter in it. Gradually stir in sugar. Beat the mixture until fluffy and light.
3) Stir in vanilla.
4) Gradually add flour and mix well.
5) Shape dough into two sticks of 1/2- x 1/2-inch size. Cut and shape into cookies.
6) Place the cookies on ungreased cookie sheets and bake for about 12-14 minutes.
7) Remove and place on wire racks to cool.
8) Take a double broiler pan and combine together shortening and chocolate morsels. Bring water to a boil.
9) Reduce heat to low and cook until chocolate melts, stirring occasionally.
10) Remove broiler from heat, while still keeping chocolate mixture over hot water.
11) Dip the cookies in warm chocolate to coat evenly on both sides. Roll tips in chopped pecans.
12) Place the cookies on wire racks until the chocolate becomes firm.
13) Arrange the coated cookies between layers of waxed paper and place in an airtight container. Store in a cool place.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4144 Calories from Fat 2520
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 289 g444.6%
Saturated Fat 153.2 g766.2%
Trans Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 483.8 mg161.3%
Sodium 30.8 mg1.3%
Total Carbohydrates 368 g122.5%
Dietary Fiber 12.2 g48.9%
Sugars 157.7 g
Protein 33 g65.9%
Vitamin A 113.1% Vitamin C 1%
Calcium 13.2% Iron 72.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet