|Sifted powdered sugar||32 Ounce (2 Packages, 16 Ounce Each)|
|Sweetened condensed milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped pecans||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Flaked coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Semi-sweet chocolate morsels||12 Ounce (1 Package)|
1) In a bowl, mix sugar, sweetened condensed milk, butter, and vanilla until smooth.
2) Add pecans and coconut and make 1-inch balls. Chill for about 1 hour.
3) On a double boiler, mix chocolate and shortening. Cook on low heat until chocolate melts.
4) Coat the balls in the chocolate mixture evenly. Drain excess chocolate and place them on waxed paper to cool.
5) Store them in a covered container in refrigerator.
6) Serve the chocolate drops as tea time snack or as after school snack to kids.