Baked Peanut Brittle
|Raw peanuts||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Shelled)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven at 350°.
2. In a 15- x 10- x 1-inch jellyroll pan spread peanuts evenly and bake for 15 minutes, stirring once and set aside.
3. In a Dutch oven combine next 5 ingredients and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves.
4. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until mixture reaches hard crack stage (300°).
5. Remove from heat and stir in peanuts, soda and vanilla.
6. Butter a 15- x 10- x 1-inch jellyroll pan and spread the mixture thinly working rapidly.
7. Let it cool, break into pieces and serve with beverages, as snacks or as desired.