How to Make Cookies: Easy Cookie Recipes for Halloween
|For ghoulish cookies|
|Sugar cookie mix||500 Gram (Betty Crocker® 1 pack)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|Food color (green)||5 Drop|
|White frosting||12 Ounce (Betty Crocker® Whipped fluffy white frosting)|
|Gel paste food coloring||20 Milliliter (Betty Crocker®- Black & White)|
|Mini marshmallow||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chocolate baking bits||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (miniature Candy Coated)|
|For candy corn cookies|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), melted|
|Food color||5 Drop (orange)|
|Semi sweet chocolate||2 Ounce, melted, cooled|
For Ghoulish Cookies
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a bowl take the frosting. Add green food color and mix well till evenly colored. Set aside.
3. In a bowl, add the sugar cookie mix, butter and egg. Mix well till it forms a soft dough.
4. Put spoonful of dough on baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake for around 14 minutes or till the edges turn light golden.
5. Remove from oven. Let it cool on the sheets for 1 minute. Then transfer them to cooling rack to cool completely.
6. Frost all the cookies and decorate them as ghoulish faces using black and white gels, marshmallows and baking bits.
For Candy Corn Cookies
1. Line a 8x4 inch loaf pan with parchment paper. This should extend to the sides of the pan. Set aside.
2. In a bowl, add sugar cookie mix, egg and margarine. Mix well till it forms dough. Divide the dough into 3 equal parts.
3. Add orange color to 1st part of the dough. On a flat surface put the dough and knead it till the dough is evenly colored. Repeat this with the second parts with melted semi sweet chocolate. Leave the 3rd part plain.
4. Take the loaf pan and spread the orange dough in the bottom. On top of it spread the chocolate dough and finally the plain dough. Be careful not to smudge the other layers. Let the pan sit in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
5. Preheat the 375 degrees F.
6. Remove the dough from the fridge and place it on a flat working surface. Cut a small portion of the dough into a strip. Starting from the corner using zig-zag motion cut out the cone shaped cookies.
7. Arrange them on a baking sheet in a single layer and bake for around 9 minutes. Remove from oven and let it cool before serving.
In a serving platter, serve the cookies for the Halloween party with milk or any other beverage of choice.