|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Cream of tartar||1 Teaspoon|
1. In a bowl cream shortening and sugar.
2. Add egg and combine flour, cream of tartar, soda and salt.
3. Add to creamed mixture and shape dough into 36 1-inch balls.
4. Blend sugar and cinnamon in plastic bag and shake balls to coat with mixture.
5. Cover a dish with wax paper and arrange 10 cookie balls in a ring 2-inches apart.
6. Microwave at high 1 3/4 to 2 minutes, rotating 1/4 turn after 1 minute.
7. Remove the puffed cookies that would flatten out on wax paper and cool.
8. Cook remaining cookies using fresh wax paper for each batch.
9. Serve the cookies as snacks, with beverages or as desired.