|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Cream of tartar||1 Teaspoon|
1. In a bowl cream shortening and sugar.
2. Add egg and combine flour, cream of tartar, soda and salt.
3. Add to creamed mixture and shape dough into 36 1-inch balls.
4. Blend sugar and cinnamon in plastic bag and shake balls to coat with mixture.
5. Cover a dish with wax paper and arrange 10 cookie balls in a ring 2-inches apart.
6. Microwave at high 1 3/4 to 2 minutes, rotating 1/4 turn after 1 minute.
7. Remove the puffed cookies that would flatten out on wax paper and cool.
8. Cook remaining cookies using fresh wax paper for each batch.
9. Serve the cookies as snacks, with beverages or as desired.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2520 Calories from Fat 970
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 110 g168.9%
Saturated Fat 27.5 g137.7%
Trans Fat 13.5 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg70.5%
Sodium 1022.4 mg42.6%
Total Carbohydrates 362 g120.8%
Dietary Fiber 13.9 g55.5%
Sugars 181.1 g
Protein 29 g59%
Vitamin A 5.8% Vitamin C 0.95%
Calcium 21.3% Iron 69.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet